Saturday, November 10, 2012

Display pictures

I was just asked by someone to change my Facebook display picture into my own photo rather than some anime or fictional character. Well, along with our names, I'm sure the purpose of a display picture is to present our identities to the people who are going to view it. Since all my Friends on Facebook are likely to know me personally and would know how I look like (or at the very least after looking at my other photographs), why not feature a character which you like on your display picture which can better present your identity? Here's what I feel.

You are likely to be able to relate yourself to the character if you like him/her, which means you are likely to have a similar personality to the person. People who knows the character would know you better than just by looking at your face, because they recall the personality of the character in the story-line. Therefore, you can also present your identity better with that character. Even if you simply show a liking to the character without having any similarities with the character's personality, at least you show others some traits which you like which helps them better understand you as well!

Oh well, I'm just saying. If anything, the reasons I've stated are at least self-satisfactory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment