Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pieces of my childhood: Clinging on to the memories of my arts class.

Although this post was labelled as Anime I'm not really talking about this anime per se! Boring stuff here I suppose but it's good to keep a record of things I guess so that's why I'm writing this post. It could also update my blog as well anyway!
The ending theme of the original Yugioh series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdk-6oCiSYI&list=RD02b5A1dJpoclk

Ending credits in the first season of Yugioh.  Credits from  http://www.4shared.com/video/1423hUDD/yugioh_ending_1.html








Yu-Gi-OH! was a huge part of my childhood. I used to watch the anime every weekends and I've played the trading card games for many years when I was younger. This theme song however always reminded me of another, bigger part of my childhood, because it was exactly at that period of time when the Yugioh fever set off in Singapore that I was having my arts classes every Saturday at 430 p.m. I could still remember visiting my cousins after class every week to play the card games and the one occasion when I bought my first deck in the neighbouring mall, a fake one for two dollars because my mother felt it was a waste to spend on cards. (I still ended up getting many more real Seto Kaiba decks afterwards so it didn't matter!) In the end, my arts class ended somewhere along the way because the money used for the lessons had to be channeled for other classes. It was a huge disappointment and I remembered hearing from my mother that I would be able to go back to my arts classes once we have enough money to afford for them because the other classes take priority. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to go back for my arts classes.

Nonetheless, this theme song still bring forth a very strong feeling of nostalgia and never fails to remind me of my happy childhood.      

No comments:

Post a Comment