Saturday, March 19, 2016

Realism, Honesty and what it shaped me into

I believe that life is about improvement. Consequently, I believe in the values of realism and honesty. I emphasise the value of realism for I believe in representing a situation as it is. Objectively speaking, a complete picture of the situation enables one to assess the circumstances with the most accuracy and take the most appropriate action to approach one’s goal. Furthermore, acknowledging the existence of one’s weaknesses is the first step towards eliminating it. Realism is critical to the betterment of the system. 

Honesty is a facet of moral character that connotes truthfulness and integrity. Realism cannot exist without truthfulness, neither can actions taken for the betterment of society be executed without integrity from those working towards the noble goal. I believe that in a project when my responsibility constitutes an element of a bigger system, the most logical and effective way to play my part in the system is to fulfil my responsibility in that particular element and, first and foremost, to act within my jurisdiction. A right-hand should not function as the brain nor should the brain function as the right-hand. Accomplishing the objectives within one’s domain will best achieve the team objective. It aligns with my belief in improvement when we work for the right cause.  

These values have influenced the way I approach a problem and handle my relationships, defining my individuality as well as the perception that others have of me. I have become trustworthy. As a subordinate, I am an individual whom others can rely on to accomplish the tasks within my area of expertise and responsibility. I am also one for them to turn to for constructive advice or opinion. As a leader I have become an individual whom others can place their faith in the fact that I would consider all elements to a problem before deciding on a conclusion, taking the most appropriate course of action to meet the ultimate objective.    


My actions in accordance to my values have placed me in conflicts with others to become valuable life lessons with an equally important role in defining the person that I am today. I am continuously learning to become more tactful in my manner of speech such that my constructive criticisms can be delivered in an acceptable manner to others. After all, I provide my criticisms with the intention to improve things to the benefit of everyone around me.       

No comments:

Post a Comment